Merchants & Farmers Bank is committed to protecting your personal financial information from fraud and providing you with complete online security and privacy. It's our top priority to ensure that your accounts are fully secured from unauthorized access. To help keep you safe and informed Merchants & Farmers Bank has provided you with some helpful security tips and resources.
PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION!
Merchants & Farmers Bank will never call and ask for your debit card number, your account number, balance information, the name of your bank, or your bank’s routing number. If in doubt, call the bank directly using a valid number from a telephone book or the bank’s web site before you give out your information.
Email Security Tips
Please do not include account number, Social Security numbers, credit card number, passwords or other non-public information in your e-mail communication with the bank. E-mail is not a secure method of communication.
ATM Security Tips
- Before you approach an ATM take a quick look at your security surroundings. If anyone or anything looks suspicious, leave the area.
- Have your card ready BEFORE you approach the ATM.
- After getting your cash, put it out of sight -cash can be tempting when it's out in the open.
- Lock your doors and secure windows before using drive-up ATMs
- Keep your ATM card in a safe place and protect it just like you would cash. If your card is missing or stolen notify the bank immediately.
- Never write down your Personal Identification Number (PIN) anywhere, especially on your ATM or on a note in your wallet.
Miscellaneous Security Links & Phone Numbers
- Phishing and Pharming
- Free Annual Credit Report
- Federal Trade Commission
- FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- Opt out from pre-approved credit offers
- National Do Not Call Registry- To have your phone number(s) removed from Telemarketers National Calling List, you can call (888) 382-1222. (NOTE: You must call from phone number you would like to register.)
Videos will only show on computers and are currently unavailable on phones and tablets.
Videos may take a moment to load on your first visit.